Tuesday, August 20, 2013

cRaZy wEeKeNdS.

The day that Groupon entered my life was the best and worst thing for my wallet. I am saving money on great deals I find in my daily emails. The company caters to my needs and my location. Unfortunately, Groupon also encourages me to spend money of stuff I would never buy in the first place.

For example:
I have never experienced a "blow-out" just for fun. Going to a hair salon for anything other than a cut or color reminds me of prom. I saw this deal on Groupon for a blow-out and "conditioning shot" at a salon just one mile away from my apartment. Instead on the normal $75 Dallas women spend on this sort of treatment, the coupon was for a mere $19.Okay... how could I not?! Click. Purchase. Submit. SOLD.

I walked in on Friday and told the lady "I have a Groupon for something. I'm not exactly sure what for..." And she took me to the sink to wash my hair. Then she brought be a glass of red wine. Someone to play with my hair while I sip on wine was worth my nineteen bucks right there!



It never fails that I am paired up with the hair lady with some crazy twisted life. This one proceeded  to tell me that her ex-boyfriend is now sleeping in the same bed as his ex-wife. The ex-wife called my hair lady to tell her that this sleeping arrangement is no big deal, a pillow barrier separates the two of them, and she was just calling to be the bigger person and not keep any secrets. This is also the first man my hair lady had dated since her ex-husband. Oh, and now my hair lady wants to go to law school.

Wow my life is boring.

So long story short, she continued to play with my hair, curled it, teased it, sprayed it, and finally my hair was ready to make an appearance on the red carpet. Truth is, I was only going to grab sushi with Tanner that night so I felt pretty silly sporting this large, Texas 'do. I tipped her $5 and then immediately put my hair in a pony-tail. Will I ever purchase a blow-out on Groupon again? Probably not. Was $19 worth the wine and free soap opera? Yup.




You would think a 22 year-old living in Uptown would have some very wild weekends. What is more wild than a blow-out on a Friday evening? Putt-Putt golf on a Saturday night.



Yup, Tanner and I are 22 going on 60.





But ya know, whatever! Putt-Putt was extremely entertaining and I would go again this weekend. Tanner beat me (without much effort) so that just means I need more practice. After Putt-Putt, I was home in bed by 11 PM. I am however, very excited to have actual plans this weekend. On Friday after work I will be booking it to Houston to see some long lost friends and shower one with wedding gifts! Allaire's Monograms and Mimosas wedding shower on Saturday will be a celebration and a picture-worthy reunion. Be on the lookout!


If you ever want to be shown a wild weekend in Dallas, you know who to call.








No comments:

Post a Comment