Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Showers. Scroggins. Steaks.

WOW I'M BEHIND.



Can I give a super sonic speed edition post to fill in the past 3 weeks of my life? Let's try!

A reunion with my group of girlfriends hasn't truly started until someone pops the champagne and mixes the bubbly with a little orange juice.


Three weekend ago, Leigh and I headed southbound towards Houston for Alliare's "Monograms and Mimosas" wedding shower. Like usual, I brought home all my laundry. Thanks Mom! :)
The shower was hosted by some of my favorite Baylor mommas in the Garden Room at Brennan's of Houston.
There are something about wedding showers that make me truly enjoy being a girl.




Zoom to the next weekend: Labor Day weekend! Not only does Labor Day  mean a 3 day weekend, it also means Tanner's birthday! Just like last year, Tanner and I, and a bunch of our friends, hinted at Austin to invite us to his lake house for the holiday. Of course we wanted to see Austin, but secretly we all craved a weekend full of Mrs. Wight's home cooking. I can never leave Austin's house without my pants fitting a little tighter. However, every bite was worth it.



Tanner's birthdays are always fun for me because I have to get creative. The boy is hard to shop for since he is more stylish than I am. I usually have to think long and hard about his birthday present. Naturally, I started thinking about what to get him back in June. This year, I went with a green golf polo and a slim-fit polo by Original Penguin, and made him a picture album with twenty-three of my favorite pictures of us from the past 2 years. I also made an early morning Starbucks run and brought him a caramel macchiato and cinnamon rolls with homemade birthday cake icing before we packed the car for Scroggins, Texas.




My parents instructed that, for their birthday gift to Tanner, I take him to a restaurant that does not have a drive-thru attached. Tanner and I have never been to Nick & Sam's steakhouse so I figured a twenty-third birthday would be the perfect occasion. Let me start off by saying there isn't enough Pure Barre  in all of Dallas that could work off the amount of food I ate that night. Our waiter brought us complimentary caviar to start. Then, complimentary champagne and lobster man n' cheese for an appetizer. I ordered a filet and Tanner ordered some massive 16oz cow as our main dish. Mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus accompanied our steaks. Finally, we topped everything off with crème Brule. My stomach hurts even talking about this. The worst part, and the best part, was the fact that we were having another 80 course meal the very next night with the Cobbs at Chamberlain Steak and Chop House. I'm talking bread, salad, wine, almond crusted fish, lobster on top, and vanilla ice cream covered in strawberries and Kahlua.


There was no point in sucking in for this picture. It just wasn't physically possible.


 I just realized this post involved a lot of food. Be right back... I'm starving.

No comments:

Post a Comment