Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Fourth.

July 4th has always been one of my favorite holidays. Maybe because it's summer. Maybe because it's America. But most of all, it's because having "no plans" on the 4th are all the plans you need.

On Independence Day Eve, I drove the 263 miles back to my parent's house to see my sister, my four nieces, and one nephew. It's never a quiet stay at home. There is a better noise that bounces off the walls at high volume. You constantly have to watch your steps to make sure you don't crush a lacrosse stick, iTouch, or a little human. Hunter, Lauren, Kellie, Carly, and Cassidy all love to swim, which makes Cha-Chi a happy aunt. July 4th weekend should absolutely be spent by the pool with no intention of brushing your hair.




I just wish I had bikinis as cute as my nieces. Such cute little bikini bodies!








The whole Dement/Shuler/Little clan watched fireworks on a golf course in our old neighborhood. Watching fireworks is awesome at any age... except when you're Kellie. She covered her ears the whole time.




July 5th is my mom's birthday. Being the amazing, selfless mother she is, we celebrated her day of birth at Chuck E Cheese. This has become quite a tradition. She spends money on tokens, the kids go off and try to win a bouncy-ball or fun-dip for two hours, and my mom gets to read the newspaper. To be honest, there is still some sort of adrenaline that runs through your veins as a 22 year-old in Chuck E Cheese. Of course I wait patiently for an age appropriate kid to ask for my help winning tickets, but when they do I am more than happy to offer my assistance.












Long weekends full of family always makes Monday morning so dreadful. Especially when you have to say goodbye to five little ones that won't let go of your leg as you head out the door. Luckily I made it back to Dallas with some great pictures and clean clothes (thanks mom!!!).







No comments:

Post a Comment