Monday, July 15, 2013

Lake Brownwood.

Despite having the worst cold of my entire life, Tanner and I drove 3 hours to catch up with friends and hit the lake! Lauren Otis's family housed 10 Baylor kids and fed us until we could no longer chew. The breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and endless supply of sangria were all homemade. We were incredibly spoiled with amazing food and friends all weekend. Spending 48 hours at Lauren's place made me realize no one ever has a bad day at the lake. Have you ever been invited to a lake house and left thinking you had the worst time of your entire life? It's unheard of. As long as you remember sunscreen.

I tried to capture glimpses of the weekend, with the sun setting over the water, the Baylor and Texas flag flapping side by side in the wind, Austin and Caleb trying to kill each other on the tube, but pictures never fully grasp God's work like when you are experiencing it first hand. The water, the sunset, the friends in my life, are all placed by God strategically and without flaw. Being out on a lake has never failed to reminded me of God's peacefulness and faithfulness.





Hopefully one day I will be lucky enough to own my own lake house and return some of the hospitality I have had over the years. The lake is one of the easiest excuses to call everyone you know and escape reality for a weekend. Plus, nothing is cuter than seeing little tots running around in huge life jackets.


I'm still having all sorts of fun with my new camera, as you can tell.




To end the weekend, Tanner and I caught a late Sunday night movie to Monsters University. It was so entertaining! Somehow Pixar and fake monsters really made me miss my college experience and Greek life. The beautiful campus at Monster University without question reminded me of how I felt walking across Baylor's campus. I highly recommend the movie to all ages. The only thing on my "To Do List" for this weekend is to re-watch Monsters Inc.

Now back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment