Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Dallas Things.

Sometimes I forget that I have only been a Dallas resident for 6 weeks. "I live in Dallas" just rolls off my tongue now. It's weird. I live somewhere. I'm not visiting. I'm not graduating in 4 years. I live. Woah.

I guess I had zero problem adjusting. I have not lost any sleep over being in a new city. Actually, I probably sleep more. The fact that so many friends surround my little apartment in Uptown, and now some cousin kin, has made this new phase of life so natural. I'm also one of the only recent college graduates that likes work. I like my job. I don't even roll my eyes when my alarm goes off at 7AM! Sure, all I can think about is coffee from about 7-11AM, but I don't even mind putting on professional clothes, not coming home until 5PM, and then going to bed 6... no 5 hours later. Liking your job seriously makes all the difference. Check out my cute little cubical!



Because I'm still new to this town, doing typical Dallas things really excite me! Tanner and I went to a summer concert at the Dallas Arboretum. Of course I chose country western night. Besides the outrageous heat, the concert was so much fun! We packed a picnic basket and a bottle of wine and just enjoyed a summer evening outside. Because of the temperatures a Dallas summer can bring, the concerts don't come back until the fall. I can't wait to go to another!



I also experienced the House of Blues during one of my first weekends at my apartment. A large group of us bought tickets to go see The Dan Band. He is the singer from Old School and The Hangover. Honestly, the best concert I have ever seen, if you can even call it a concert. I was laughing the entire time. I would recommended him to anyone. I think my own dad would enjoy him the most.

My roommates and I have settled into a routine now after work. Monday nights we enjoy The Bachelorette. Recently, Patrick and Mitchell haven't been able to stay away from watching Desiree have her shot at love. These past couple of Tuesdays, Leigh and I have attended "The Porch" at Watermark. Speaking of Bachelor/Bachelorette, Leigh and I have had a new sighting each Tuesday at Watermark! The first time we went, we saw Ben from this current season, the one with the kid who caused quite a stir among the other male contestants, and yesterday I almost ran into Sean and Catherine with a cup of hot coffee in my hand. Because I follow them on every social media platform out there, I feel like I know them. I almost said "Hi Catherine!" like she was an old sorority sister. I'm glad I didn't because I immediately would have turned bright red as soon as I realized that this chick doesn't know me at all....

Also on Tuesdays is So You Think You Can Dance. Seriously the best show in the world. If time travel ever becomes available to me, I would go back in time and choose dance over softball. Watching talented dancers is one of the most entertaining things.
Leigh and I also found the time to really break in our kitchen and try new Pinterest recipes. We chose two cauliflower items because they sounded healthy enough. I made the Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower and Leigh made the Cauliflower pizza. Both were amazing but let me tell you, Cauliflower pizza is OUT OF THIS WORLD! I never want my pizza any other way! If only I could now find a restaurant that serves this because it's pretty time-consuming and messy to make.
Yes, they taste just as good as they look!


Tonight I am trying one more new Dallas thing! My cousin Jenni and I will be attending our very first Pure Barre class. I cannot wait to see what all the fuss is about. I went ahead and bought 15 classes so I hope this first class doesn't kill me. There is a Pinkberry next door so in case I chicken out, you'll know where to find me!


No comments:

Post a Comment