Friday, May 17, 2013

Weddings.


I'm 22. I am now old enough to know people that are getting married. Not like my mom's bunco friend's daughter's wedding, but my actual friends. It's so exciting! I love seeing people celebrate their love in different ways. Being from Babtist Baylor University, people are known to get hitched in their early/mid twenties. This May kicked off the beginning of a busy wedding season that will predominately take over my Saturdays for the next decade. Maggie and Byron's wedding in Waco on May 4th was the very first wedding I ever attended as a "guest." Tanner was a groomsman and Maggie and Byron were so sweet to include me on all the wedding party festivities. Tanner even caught the garter.

The next weekend, Tanner and I flew out to Denver, Colorado to see one of my very good friends, Tessa Trimble, marry the man of her dreams, Matt Johnson. Tessa was a Kappa with me and Matt was a Kappa Sigma with Tanner. I have missed Tessa so much this past year. Tessa and her roommates were always so great at including me in everyting they did, even though I was a year younger. The wedding was beautiful, as I knew it would be. Tessa and Matt are blessed with unbelieveable genetics, but even more beautiful was the way they looked at each other on their wedding day. I am so happy I got to take a study break from finals to witness them become man and wife. And any excuse to go to Colorado for 24 hours and share a hotel room with 6 girls is a good one. 




The next wedding on my calendar for this summer is my cousin Jenni's. The date is now a little less than one month away in Utah! I have never been to Utah, but I am anticpating awesome weather with even better scenery. Gosh weddings are fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment