Saturday, May 25, 2013

Meet Joanie.


I would like everyone to meet "Joanie the Jeep". She is my newest (and most expensive) pride and joy. Her name is Joanie because my nickname is Chachi. Therefore Joanie has to love Chachi to fulfill the saying, and yes indeed, Joanie loves me very much. She gives me amazing directions for my travels, she heats and cools my seats, warms my steering wheel when my hands are cold, starts at the push of a button, calls whoever I command, and unlocks the car when she knows I'm coming. This came in handy when my newly-polished nails were still drying and Joanie understood that I did not want to dig through my purse to find my keys. She is such a babe. This is the first car that I will be paying insurance on and the last car my dad will ever purchase for me. For that reason, I need Joanie to stay healthy and strong for the next 10-12 years. When I was car-shopping, I knew I was looking for a car that will last me until I was 32 years old. Not only did I want a car that would look professional and mature parked at my office, but also one that will be able to fit a family one day. Woah, weird. I cringe at the thought of Joanie's clean leather seats smudged with stale fruit loops and spit up. Luckily, right now Joanie and I get to spend quality time with just each other and I plan to keep her looking fancy for all the other jeeps she might meet in Uptown. And on that note, I leave tomorrow for good! As in, my home address will be a Dallas one. My zip-code will be a Dallas one. I'll be going to bed in Dallas and waking up in Dallas. Dallas is now "home." AHHHHHH!

After graduation, I only had 9 days to say goodbye to my Waco house, my Baylor friends, my unemployeed lifestyle, and my FJ Cruiser. That's a lot a goodbyes for my poor little heart in a short amount of time. Just looking at my FJ Cruiser screams "college." My Jeep Cherokee shouts "mature." I am very happy/sad that my cars are metaphors for my life.


My big 5 hour drive with Joanie takes place tomorrow. I am sure we will learn a lot about each other. Tomorrow is the beginning of a monumental week for me. Tomorrow night will be my first official night in Dallas. Monday will be my first Memorial Day Weekend at the Cobbs' residence. Tuesday is my first day at a real full-time job, and by Friday I will be sleeping in my brand new apartment with my brand new roommates. I can not wait until the move is over and I can stop living out of a suitcase. I am such a home-body and love when I can relax on a couch and watch reality TV. Or have the chance to wake up and enjoy a cup of coffee made in my own kitchen. 

I have gotten used to my life being on fast-forward for the past two weeks. I'm a little nervous for when time starts to slow down. I'm going to really miss my mom and dad. A five hour drive seems way further than a three hour trip. I'm going to really miss knowing where I am going without a GPS system. I'm really going to miss $3 pitchers of beer and Shorty's pizza. I'm seriously thinking about getting a cat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment