Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Next Step.


Today is the first day of May. I graduate in 18 days. I start my very first full-time job in 28 days. I officially moved to Uptown in 31 days. May is going to be nuts.

Twelve hours earlier I attended my very last Kappa Kappa Gamma meeting at Baylor. I gave a speech, shed a few tears, and that was a wrap. I no longer have any obligations here on campus. They have chosen the new sweethearts for fraternities. I don't have to tear my kitchen apart making treats for Kappa Sigma on Mondays. And soon, my key card won't allow me to enter Stacy Riddle anymore. Times are a-changing ladies and gentlemen. I sure hope I'm ready.

Tonight, after senior meeting and a few margaritas at Ninfa's, Suzy, Sarah, Maribeth, Allaire, Leigh and I sat on "Thugz" porch and overlooked the infamous 10th street. God has planned out so many different directions for us all. Leigh and I will be heading North to Dallas while Suzy and Sarah make their way down to Houston. Maribeth will continue her education here at Baylor and Alliare will be planning a wedding and a life with her future husband. Our lives are just getting started, but the Baylor Bubble is ending. 


How in the world can we  convince our future husbands to all get a job in the same city? How can we get our children to attend the same school, and join the same t-ball team? I'm never going to give up on this idea because it just makes sense for all of us to be neighbors forever. 

I can't help but feel a bit sad when all this change hits you at once. I'm hoping this blog will help me remember events that might be forgotten over time. And I hope this will provide a way for me to continue to stay connected with the people that matter most to me here at Baylor. That is all this blog is meant for, a way to hold a piece of the past as I'm shaping my unseen future. 



No comments:

Post a Comment