Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Champagne Taste/Beer Budget.

I would like to start off by saying, props to Ann Taylor Loft, Groupon, JCrew, and Free People for annoyingly e-mailing me every single day with huge sales, new shipments, and pretty graphics, but enticing me just enough to where I never follow through with checking the unsubscribe box. You are the only stores that have stood the test of time in my inbox, and unfortunately (for me), I don't see us parting ways anytime soon.

I wake up every morning at 7:00AM with 15+ unread e-mails all from places I didn't even know I subscribed to in the first place, and it never fails that from 7:00AM-7:29AM I lie in bed casually browsing each store's email until I realize that it is now 7:30 and I am going to be late for work unless I skip drying my hair with a hairdryer and just leave the windows rolled down in my car on my way to work and hope that does the trick.
Does this happen to anyone else?

Well gosh darn it, somehow I stumbled upon a home furnishing and décor blog that has flipped my life upside down . As it turns out, furniture it a lot more expensive than clothes (who knew?), so little does this company know that e-mailing me every.single.day with their chic sofas and patterned rugs, is causing the same sensation as dangling an apple in front of a donkey.

Joss & Main- I love you, but I can't have you. I want you, but you're so bad for me. You are a quick fix that feels so good at the time, but tomorrow I will wake up with a spending hangover. You show me things I never even knew existed. And in the morning, they'll be gone.

(But really, the items for sale are only available for 2-3 days and then they disappear.)

 Joss & Main even let you know when an item is in another member's shopping cart which brings out the wild animal instinct inside of you and turns this window-shopping experience into a full-blown competition. Only the rich and fashionable can survive.

To get Joss & Main off my chest, I would like to show you how cute my home would be if I wasn't recent college graduate, with a pay check that proves I haven't been in the real-world long enough, and living in a tiny apartment that wouldn't even allow half of this furniture to fit inside the doorway.

Can everyone please feel what I want you to feel: Can you all just please be envious of my make-believe home? I spent hours decorating and making every room nothing short of perfect. Thanks.































Okay, so I caved and bought this one for my room. ^^ You can only hold the apple infront of the donkey for so long.




No comments:

Post a Comment